Re: Open problems

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 15:51 +0900, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:

> Not relevant with the current problem but what looks bad to me
> is many documents of xetex can't be compiled under Debian/Linux
> because of (perhaps) fonts.
> For example /usr/share/doc/texlive-xetex/xetex/XeTeX-reference.ltx.gz
> Further it is not clear to me what fonts we should use under
> Debian/Linux.  Does anyone has any idea with this issue?

The main body font used in this document is free though not available
in Debian [1]. Other fonts like the SIL fonts are already
packaged. But for many examples one simply needs commercial fonts
since no free font implements such font features.

cheerio
ralf

[1] FPL Neu http://www.tfkp.physik.uni-erlangen.de/~ralf/tex/fplneu-otf.zip