Re: texlive-bin and source.tar.bz2

> On Die, 23 Jan 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
>> He must do a bit more - at least the directoy names are different (TeX
>> vs. source), and there's a toplevel "configure" script in the tarball
>> that unpacks into the current directory, while this script is missing
>> from TeXLive/Build/.
>
> ??? I don't understand:
>
> $ cd /data/TeX/texlive-svn/Build/source
> $ ls
> Build*     configure*    Makefile.in  reautoconf*   texk/       win32.mak
> ChangeLog  configure.in  mswin32/     selfautofix*  texlive.ac  withenable.ac
> config/    libs/         README       tetex.ac      utils/
> $
>
> What are you missing?

Last year, we had in our source package a directory "build" which
contained "configure" and a single subdir, which again contained
"configure", plus texk/, libs/.  This year, in a checkout of TeXLive
upstream, we have the directory Build/ with subdirectoy source/.  In
source, we have "configure" and the subdirs texk/, libs/, etc.

To me, this indicates that source/ corresponds to TeX/, and there should
be a "configure" script in the same directory where source/ is, in other
words in Build/

> Are you sure you have the *CORRECT* source??? TeX was a directory name
> LAST year!

Since I created it myself, it can't be "correct"...