[Nenad ANTONIC] passivetex

--- Begin Message ---
I am responding to the discussion from 15 Jul 2007:
> Package: xmltex
> Version: 1.9-11.1
>
> xmltex is needed for "pdfxmltex" to work
> and recommends (and needs for pdfxmltex to work) passivetex.
> But passivetex has not been included in etch.

The current situation is a bug for sure, but I'm not sure what the
solution is.  I would have said that we just drop the recommends.

But now you say that pdfxmltex needs passivetex for it to work.
Frankly, I must admit that I never used xmltex or pdfxmltex, and I don't
know how to check whether it works.  Can you provide an example, or tell
me how to produce an error with pdfxmltex?

Actually, I use (on etch)
xmlto pdf --skip-validation lapn.xml
Making portrait pages on a4 paper (210 mm x 297 mm)
PassiveTeX is needed for this format, but it is not installed. Please install
the passivetex package.

Same for PostScript output.

You can find a number of my xml files (take, e.g. lap.xml) at
http://simbol.math.hr/~nenad/ndoc/

The problems might have been caused by switch from tetex to texlive.

I have also tried:
% pdfxmltex lapn.xml
This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.30.5-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5)
kpathsea: Running mktexfmt pdfxmltex.fmt
mktexfmt: no info for format `pdfxmltex'.
I can't find the format file `pdfxmltex.fmt'!

On an old (woody) sun it works; there is /var/lib/texmf/web2c/pdfxmltex.fmt.

It would be nice to have some dovumentation in PDF/PS format, as
printing of html
does not give satisfactory results.

If any additional testing is needed ....

Thanking you in advance
- Nenad

--- End Message ---

--