Re: Chasing RC bugs in texlive packages

> I have merged them and discussion will continue on 356853.

Good.

> Frank did a recollection in April, coming down to
>
> * bbm fonts [OPEN]
> 	Frank mentioned that there is something on the way via Karl Berry
> 	is there any progress?

No idea, heard nothing.

> * concmath [CLOSED???]
> 	the latex and font packages are under LPPL
> 		see CTAN/macros/latex/contrib/concmath/README
> 		and CTAN/fonts/concmath/README
> 	so what is the problem here, can someone tell me this?

I have contacted Ulrik about other license issues, and I guess I
mentioned concmath too, but didn't Cc it to this bug (it's probably in a
bug report of tetex-doc about fontinst docs).  Consider this fixed.
Err, wait, is the catalogue up-to-date?

> * Donald Arsenau files [OPEN]
> 	Frank, AFAIR you had some discussion with Donald. Did you
> 	get an email at least stating the freeness, so we could include
> 	the email in the copyright file ...

I never got an answer.  I think I even asked on the TL list whether
anyone has better connections to him, but don't remember any result.

> * eepic docs [OPEN]
> 	I assume it is the file eepic.tex which lacks any statement.
> 	Puh, it was written in 1988, du we really expect to get any
> 	answer from Conrad Kwok <kwok@iris.ucdavis.edu>
> 	No idea if this email is still working and he is still there.
> 	One is taking this up and trying to contact him?

I think we should at least give it two tries (direct mail, 10 minutes
looking for the name via google and ucdavis.edu).  But if that doesn't
result in a prompt answer, I would remove the docs.  Anyone still using
eepic will know how to get it from CTAN.

Updating the catalogue might be harder, since I guess it treats docs and
style as one entity.

> * ae [CLOSED ON CTAN]
> 	This is already solved, updated package is on CTAN
> 	I guess we could include simply the MANIFEST, COPYING, and
> 	README file from CTAN.

... and make sure the catalogue is up-to-date, for generating our
copyright file.

> * amslatex [HALF-OPEN]
> 	Positive answer from AMS, but no progress after this
> 	Anyone heard anything else?

Well, we've got a timeline for the next release but no answer to my
"will this include the license fix?" question.  If we get this answer,
this can get a lenny-ignore tag for sure, without an answer maybe too,
based on the older information which gave the etch-ignore.

The new version won't be in lenny anyway, if we follow our plan not to
go for TL 08 (and I see no reasons to change that decision).

Frank Küster