Re: packaging purifyeps for Debian?

Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I intend to package purifyeps^1 for Debian (no, there is no ITP bug
> until now). Before I'll do, I'd like to know, if there are plans to
> include it into TeX-Live. Does anybody know out there?

I'm not sure, but looking at the subdirectories in

http://dante.ctan.org/CTAN/support/

it doesn't seem as if those were included in TeXLive by default
(although some are, at least tex4ht).  So I think it boils down to

- do you think it *should* be included in TeXLive?

- do you want to maintain it separately, anyway?

I've never used it, although its description certainly sounds like I
should have...  If you think it should be in Debian lenny, I'd rather
not wait for TeXLive to include it, since - depending on our workforce
and release timetables it's quite probable that lenny won't have TL
2008.

Frank Küster