Re: packaging purifyeps for Debian?

Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> I intend to package purifyeps^1 for Debian (no, there is no ITP bug
> until now). Before I'll do, I'd like to know, if there are plans to
> include it into TeX-Live. Does anybody know out there?

I'm not sure, but looking at the subdirectories in

it doesn't seem as if those were included in TeXLive by default
(although some are, at least tex4ht).  So I think it boils down to

- do you think it *should* be included in TeXLive?

- do you want to maintain it separately, anyway?

I've never used it, although its description certainly sounds like I
should have...  If you think it should be in Debian lenny, I'd rather
not wait for TeXLive to include it, since - depending on our workforce
and release timetables it's quite probable that lenny won't have TL

Regards, Frank

Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)