Re: "Smooth upgrade" for jadetex/xmltex: transitional packages?

Hi Frank, hi all,

On Sam, 30 Jun 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
> If we file bugs which are fixed promptly, the packages wouldn't depend
> on jadetex any more, and this would make the transitional package
> unnecessary.  The big question is whether these bugs will be fixed
> promptly...

Umpf, maybe ..
  translate-docformat
Maintainer: Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) <felipe@cathedrallabs.org>

  sgmltools-lite
Maintainer: Oohara Yuuma <oohara@debian.org>

  sgml2x
Maintainer: Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org>

  docbook-utils
Maintainer: Debian XML/SGML Group <debian-xml-sgml-pkgs@lists.alioth.debian.org>

  docbook-dsssl
Maintainer: Peter Eisentraut <petere@debian.org>

  caspar
Maintainer: Joost van Baal <joostvb@debian.org>

>From all these I am most scared that the XML/SGML Group will not
respond quickly if at all. I must honestly say that I didn't have many
it is close, you never get any response. At least that was my
experience.

> Or else, if we request removal of jadetex after tl-xml has entered
> testing, new installs would get the right thing automatically.  Only old
> ones would be left with jadetex - but those have the opportunity of
> reading NEWS.Debian in tex-common...

Right. But what is with upgrades from etch->lenny? They would probably
work out because dist-upgrade will remove jadetex/xmltex in favor of
texlive-xmlhtml. Or?

DUNTISH (adj.)
Mentally incapacitated by severe hangover.