Re: Can/should debconf notes still be used?

Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 29 May 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
>> To me, the solution is to resurrect these conffiles without
>> prompting, because prompting doesn't make sense if the only working
>> answer is "yes".
>
> Can you test to see if the system is working without the conffiles?

There are about 8 RC bug reports which show quite clearly that it
doesn't.  There's no sense in testing that in the maintainer script.  If
a local admin hacked the system so much that it keeps on working without
them, I frankly don't care - it's no longer a Debian TeX Live system.

> if not,
> restore them once.

Yes, we'll do it only once anyway.