Re: jadetex package

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> wrote:
>
>> is available on
>> 	deb(-src) http://people.debian.org/~preinig/TeX/ jadetex/
>
> (kannst nicht mal deinen Namen schreiben, s@nig/@ning/@)

Sorry, this should have had a smiley...

> postinst is missing a call to update-texmf.  postrm has it.  I fear it's
> a tex-common problem,

No, since tex-common doesn't handle update-texmf.  The problem seems to
be that the postinst assumes that this file is obsolete:

    if [ -f /etc/texmf/texmf.d/96JadeTeX ]; then
	warn "removing old texmf.d config snippet"
	rm /etc/texmf/texmf.d/96JadeTeX
    fi

But somehow the file is still there:

# dpkg -S /etc/texmf/texmf.d/96JadeTeX.cnf
jadetex: /etc/texmf/texmf.d/96JadeTeX.cnf
root@riesling:/# dpkg -l jadetex
||/ Name                     Version                  Description
ii  jadetex                  3.13-8                   generator of printable output from SGML or XML using Jade
root@riesling:/#