Re: Call for testing ...

On Mon, 21 Mai 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
> There's something new: Upon upgrading from etch+texlive, I get
>
> Unpacking replacement texlive-base-bin ...
> dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/texlive-base-bin_2007-8_i386.deb (--unpack):
>  trying to overwrite `/usr/share/man/man1/thumbpdf.1.gz', which is also in package texlive-pdfetex

Ok, missing replaces ... trivial.

> Also, the xdvi.cfg stuff is still not working:
>
> cp: cannot stat `/etc/texmf/xdvi/xdvi.cfg': No such file or directory
> dpkg: error while cleaning up:
>  subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 1

Hmm, I guess the next package versions I will add a
	set -x
around the respective xdvi parts so that we see what is going on.

I would be interested in knowing whether a *successfull* upgrade at
least *did* install the xdvi.cfg file. If yes, then we have only to look
into the error unwind procedure.

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
The story goes that I first had the idea for THHGTTG while
lying drunk in a field in Innsbruck (or `Spain' as the BBC
TV publicity department authorititively has it, probably
because it's easier to spell).
                 --- Foreward by DNA.