Re: versioning of Norberts backports on people.debian.org

Hi Frank!

On Fre, 18 Mai 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
> Now I have the problem that aptitude update always wants to update
> texlive-bin from 2007-7 to 2007-7, over and over again.  The same does

Can you add the

	http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/.

directly without proxying and tell us whether this gives the same
result?

I have honestly no idea, just trying to find possible problems.

> $ apt-cache policy lmodern
> lmodern:
>   Installed: 1.010x-3
>   Candidate: 1.010x-3
>   Version table:
>  *** 1.010x-3 0
>          99 http://localhost unstable/main Packages
>         500 http://localhost lmodern/ Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      1.00-3 0
>         500 http://localhost etch/main Packages
> $ apt-cache policy texlive-base-bin
> texlive-base-bin:
>   Installed: 2007-7
>   Candidate: 2007-7
>   Version table:
>      2007-7 0
>          99 http://localhost unstable/main Packages
>      2007-7 0
>         500 http://localhost tl2007/ Packages
>  *** 2007-7 0
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      2007-5~backport.1 0
>         500 http://localhost etch/main Packages
>      2005.dfsg.2-12 0
>         500 http://localhost etch/main Packages
>
> I'm not sure why, even for lmodern, the version in /var/lib/dpkg/status
> has a pin value of 100, less than 500 for the one on people.debian.org.
> But why is 2007-7 listed as three different versions for tl-base-bin?
> And is that the reason for the update loop?

What surprises me is the pin value of 99 for both packages ..., This
would mean that also lmodern should be reinstalled permanently.

You seem to have some pinning going on, too. Can you for now test what
happens if you REMOVE the unstable from your sources.list and recheck?!

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
`You know they've reintroduced the death penalty for
insurance company directors?'
No I didn't. For what offence?'
Trillian frowned.
`What do you mean, offence?'
`I see.'
                 --- Evidence that there will be some justice in the Universe
                 --- eventually.