Re: TeXLive 2007 & ConTeXt on etch?

> > For my Ubuntu system, I've been taking your src packages, removing the
> > 30_libpoppler patch line from the patches/series file, and then

My change has good and bad points, which I just wanted to list in case
people have other ideas or fixes.

The advantage:

* It's what the Ubuntu Gutsy (7.10) alpha-test packages do (well, they
  remove most of the lines including the libpoppler one).  And the
  resulting packages, whether the Gutsy ones or my hand-derived ones,
  build fine on Ubuntu, at least on Ubuntu 7.04.

The disadvantage:

* On the minus side, it means that libpoppler updates won't get
  applied automatically, since the packages will use the inline xpdf
  sources.

I lean towards it, at least until there's a patch to use libpoppler1
(which Ubuntu uses) -- but that's not easy to do, whereas commenting
out one line in the 'series' file is easy.

-Sanjoy

`Not all those who wander are lost.' (J.R.R. Tolkien)