Re: New upload of latex-cjk-japanese-wadalab

Danai SAE-HAN (é??é??è??) <danai.sae-han@edpnet.be> wrote:

> True, but the urgency is set to high, so it will get to testing pretty
> quickly.

Well, if your short-term goal is to fix the package in testing, you can
indeed use tetex dependencies as an *alternative* to texlive. But if
there is a single set of texlive packages that provide what you need in
both testing and unstable, you should list them first, as in:

  Depends: texlive-foo | tetex-extra, texlive-bar | tetex-extra

Even if you're bothered with package renamings between TL 2005 and TL
2007, you can probably find a solution that works with both TL/testing
and TL/unstable using versioned depends:

  Depends: texlive-newname (>= 2007) | texlive-oldname (<< 2007) | tetex-extra

If you are only interested in unstable ("when unstable is fine, testing
will automatically be fine too"), you don't even need to care about TL
2005 packages tetex-extra. But since TL 2007 may take a while to reach
testing, that's probably nicer to users of testing to care about them
and provide the appropriate alternative dependencies.

> Shouldn't I wait until Lenny is released before I remove the
> dependencies on teTeX?

I don't see why. As current unstable shows, lenny won't have tetex at
all, only dummy packages.

--
Florent