Re: New upload of latex-cjk-japanese-wadalab

From: Frank Küster <frank@kuesterei.ch>

> Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐) <danai.sae-han@edpnet.be> wrote:
>
> > I've rebuilt the latex-cjk-japanese-wadalab package to fix an FTBFS
> > bug, and to incorporate Florent's suggestions.
> >
> > latex-cjk-japanese-wadalab (0.20050817-13) unstable; urgency=high
> >
> >   * Dependency is set to high because of an FTBFS bug fix.
>
> s/Dependency/Urgency/

Indeed.

> >      - add dh_shlibdeps.
>
> In an arch: all package?

Uhhhm, yes.  I tried it out, and debhelper produces a .substvars file
with tex-common in it, so I thought it would be useful.

But apparently this way of thinking is wrong.  I should only use
"dh_shlibdeps" for packages that contain binary files.  I will remove
it again.

> >   * [watch] Clean it up, and let's hope it works now.
>
> Can't you test that?  (I honestly don't know, never cared about watch
> files myself).

It works on most files, apparently.  But "watch" needs version numbers
in the file.  It doesn't check whether a file has changed.  I had
hoped "uscan" would make an md5 hash of the file(s), and check whether
it changes over time.  At least, that's how I currently understand the
concept of Debian's watch files.

I'll rephrase it:

  * [watch] Clean it up, and locally force the version numbers of most
     packages.

Question though: I ran pbuilder yesterday on -wadalab, and it didn't
produce any errors, even though I depend on tetex-bin and not on
tetex-extra.  I need texlive-font-utils to get "vptovf", yet depending
on tetex-bin worked without a bark.  Hmmm, strange.  tetex-bin doesn't
depend on texlive-font-utils, tetex-extra does.

So I'll also fix debian/control to depend on tetex-extra.

A new upload will be ready soon.

Thanks

Danai SAE-HAN
韓達耐