Re: Build-Dependencies of latex-cjk-japanese-wadalab

From: Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr>

> Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐) <danai.sae-han@edpnet.be> wrote:
>
> > Thanks.  So in other words, all the other packages should be -Indep,
> > since I don't use dh_clean to delete my build/ directory (but rm -rf
> > build/)?
>
> Is it something new? Because in latex-cjk-japanese-wadalab 0.20050817, I
> read:
>
> ,----[ debian/rules ]
> | clean: clean1 unpatch
> |
> | clean1:
> | 	dh_testdir
> | 	dh_testroot
> | 	rm -f build-stamp
> |
> | 	# Add here commands to clean up after the build process.
> | #	-$(MAKE) clean
> |
> | 	rm -rf build
> |
> | 	dh_clean
> `----
>
> Therefore, you *do* use dh_clean in your clean target. So, debhelper has
> to be in B-D as opposed to B-D-I.

Indeed.  But what I actually meant, was the output from vptovf, which
is built in "build/".  Since I remove "build/" manually, I don't need
to have texlive-font-utils in B-D-I but in B-D.

At least, that's how I've understood the difference between B-D-I and
B-D.  I'll have to reread your links to fully understand it, but I
will one day. :D

> > Now it is:
> >
> > Build-Depends: debhelper (>=5.0.0), dpatch (>=2.0.14)
> > Build-Depends-Indep: t1utils, tex-common (>=0.19), texlive-base-bin | tetex-bin (>= 3.0), texlive-font-utils | tetex-bin (>= 3.0), perl-base (>=5.8.0)
>
> As far as B-D versus B-D-I is concerned, this looks correct.

OK!

> But you should use 'debhelper (>= 5)' because 5.0.0 is over-precise, and
> in particular doesn't allow things like debhelper version
> 5.0.0~sarge.frougon.0 to be accepted, which is wrong. This is because:
>
>   5.0.0~sarge.frougon.0 >= 5
>
> but
>
>   5.0.0~sarge.frougon.0 << 5.0.0
>
> Besides, you should always put a space after ">=" for readability. And
> since you use debhelper, you should have "${misc:Depends}" in the
> Depends line of every binary package, even if it causes a stupid warning
> by dpkg-gencontrol (this is recommended practice by debhelper's author,
> Joey Hess).

Je vois!

> As for the B-D versus B-D-I thing, I suggest you read the thread
> starting at:
>
>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2006/12/msg00252.html
>
> and in particular this message, which is referenced in the thread:
>
>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2006/09/msg00229.html
>
> HTH.

This has helped me a lot!  Thanks!
I always (wrongly) assumed it had something to do with
architecture-independent files.

Best regards

Danai SAE-HAN
韓達耐