Re: status of texlive transition wrt build failures?

Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:

> Hi Debian TeX Task force :-)
>
> I rebuilt Debian as of 2007-05-01, but I ran into a lot of (unfiled)
> FTBFS related to tex. What's the status of the texlive transition ? Is
> there going to be some changes on the texlive side that will solve some
> of the build failures, or should bugs be filed individually now ?

We'll upload a new package which will provide tetex-base again.  But
that is for reasons unrelated to the FTBFS, and depending on it (an
empty package which only replaces old tetex-base's buggy postrm) is a
bug, anyway.  Although no longer RC, only important, after we got
through testing, uploading and NEW processing.  Filiing these bugs isn't
important, because they can be found easily using grep-dctrl.

All other bugs would be helpful if you filed them and added a usertag
"builddep-tetex-ftbfs" for user debian-tex-maint@lists.debian.org.

> Are you interested in working on those failures directly (without me and
> others filing tons of bugs) ?

Hm, interested, well, hm.  I planned to focus on that, but instead we
got a couple of RC bugs in our packages themselves, as well as in
"toolchain" packages like jadetex and xmltex, and after that will need
to check carefully what happens to packages using debiandoc-sgml.

Therefore I'd appreciate very much if you could file as many bugs as
possible.  It's not important that you analyse them, usertagging is of
more value to us (and you can add a pointer to
http://pkg-tetex.alioth.debian.org/mapping-texlive.html

(hm, I should add to that page the URL of that filemapping script's
output, where is it again?)