[ITH] xmltex, passivetex, offer to take over jadetex

Hi everybody,

in the last months or even years, xmltex and passivetex have been
basically unmaintained (and they *do* have bugs), and responses from the
list which is listed as maintainer are very rare.  jadetex is actually
maintained by you, Ohura-san, but maybe gets not as much care as it
could have - and anyway the coordination with the TeX Task Force could
be better than we currently manage for a package so tightly coupled to
TeX.

On the other hand, integration of these three components into TeXLive
has already been accomplished upstream, and we only cut them out because
they existed as separate packages already in the days of teTeX only.

We therefore intend to essentially take over xmltex and passivetex, by
providing a package texlive-xml or similar[1] which would "Provide:
xmltex, passivetex", and then requesting their removal on ftp.debian.org
as RoM.

We offer to do the same with jadetex, if Ohura thinks this is the way to
go.  If you prefer to keep maintaining it separately, no problem.  This
or that way, you're invited to join our list and team.

Comments, protest?

Regards, Frank

[1] following upstream's naming, it would be texlive-htmlxml, but that
includes also tex4ht which we do not think should be integrated