Re: doc fixes (sed script)

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> Alternatively, do you have a list of false negatives, so that we could
> add explicit sed expressions for the time being?

The false negatives I found in TeX-on-Debian are listed in the mail
starting this thread (first posted on -tex-maint, not our private
mails).

>  A LaTeX parser in python is probably not what should be developed in
> the framework of Debian TeXLive packaging...

Agreed, but we don't need a full LaTeX parser, fortunately. The point
about matching parentheses in my last mail was quite badly written. In
order to determine the extent of \file's argument, it should be enough,
I think, to:
  - skip ordinary chars;
  - skip one char after every backslash (i.e., 2 chars in a row: the
    backslash and the next char);
  - until we find a closing brace matching the opening brace following
   \file.

(if needed, handling of TeX comments and line splitting can be added,
but it doesn't seem necessary for debiandoc's LaTeX output)

--
Florent