Re: texlive 2007 - the work starts ...

Hi Frank!

On Son, 21 Jan 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
> > Thats the reason why I
> > 	svn move Tpm.pm Tpm.pm.disabled
> > and added this to the head of tpm2deb-source.pl:
> > 	unshift (@INC, "/src/TeX/texlive-svn/Build/tools");
> > So it finds MY = MY texlive-svn checkout Tpm.pm and FileUtils.pm.
> >
> > We have to move the addition to the @INC after the reading of the Master
> > variable and add $Master/../Build/tools/ to the @INC path.
>
> Somehow I didn't manage this - @INC is set in the BEGIN block, but the
> processing of the commandline options is done later.  I just copied
> updated Tpm.pm and FileUtils.  Now the generation of tpm.data works

Aempf, now I remember. When using
	use
the stuff is done at compile time, while with using
	require
the stuff is loaded on demand ... so that could work, BUT (I tried),
then the export stuff does not work, because all the functions aren't
found.

BUT: I guess the easiest solution would be:
- require tpm2debcommon.pm
- remove the "package tpm2debcommon" from the tpm2debcommon.pm file
- whatever the our may do I don't know in this case ...
- and everything should work as before ... (will try soon)

> fine.  However, I still get errors when creating an orig.tar.gz, not
> Perl errors, but actual packaging errors:
>
> $ ./tpm2deb-source.pl --datadump=tpm2007.data.sarge --Master=~/src/Upstream-source/TeXLive/Master/ make-orig-tar texlive-bin
> Start loading config file ...
>  ... done
>  ... done
> Building data hash ...
> Checking consistency ...
> ERROR double-inclusion bin-vlna bin-tie bin-metapost bin-ps2pkm bin-kpathsea bin-metafont bin-etex bin-ctie bin-pdftools bin-omega bin-xdvi bin-tex4htk bin-web bin-pstools bin-ttf2pt1 bin-dtl bin-xmltex bin-csplain bin-fontware bin-thumbpdf bin-mfware bin-detex bin-context bin-latex bin-dvipsk bin-devnag bin-mex bin-cweb bin-jadetex bin-bibtex bin-texsis bin-gsftopk bin-bibtex8 bin-dvipdfm bin-cslatex bin-pdftex bin-texconfig bin-cyrillic bin-phyzzx bin-amstex bin-mltex bin-platex bin-seetexk bin-dialog bin-physe bin-tetex bin-cjkutils bin-t1utils bin-dviljk bin-makeindex bin-texware bin-tex bin-dvidvi

This is the default check that no stuff is included two times. Since
these are all the bin-* packages it seems fishy, Can you call
	./tpm2deb-source.pl --datadump=tpm2007.data.sarge dump-tpm
and search for one of the above, say bin-dvipsk, and in which collection
it is included ...

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
`How do you feel?' he asked him.
bits of me keep
passing out.' ....
`We're safe,' he said.
`Oh good,' said Arthur.
in one of the
spaceships of the Vogon Constructor Fleet.'
this is obviously some strange usage of
the word "safe" that I wasn't previously aware of.'
                 --- Arthur after his first ever teleport ride.