Re: xdvi mit Output

Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> wrote:

>> Does anybody have an idea
>>
>> - what we should do with those messages
>
> I'd suppress them, but it's your call as maintainers.

Well, I meant:  Should we send them somewhere else?

>> - whether they can simply be switched off in the configuration file
>>
>> - or how else to do it?
>
> If not possible otherwise patching the source by removing these lines?
> Maybe also talking to upstream so that they'll be removed in future releases
> if upstream doesn't consider them important.

I think what you see might not be a bug, but a misconfiguration.  Are
you working in expert mode?  In other words, do you have a status line
at the bottom of the xdvi window?  If not, you should either switch it
on, or use appropriate --hush* options.  See the manpage.