Re: SVN tex-common commit: r1702 - in tex-common/trunk: debian scripts

Hi Frank! Hi all!

On Son, 08 Okt 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
> > . add a dependency texlive-common -> ucf
>
> tex-common already depends on ucf, so this shouldn't be necessary.  In

Good.

> > . version dependency on tex-common >= 0.32
>
> Yup.

Can we get 0.32 out *soon* ...?

> > . call /usr/share/tex-common/tetex-bin-upgrade at the BEGINNING of
> >   texlive-common.postinst (I guess it is not necessary to do in preinst?)
>
> Yes, only in postinst.  And somewhere before update-fmtutil is called.

I have this added to texlive-common.postinst.pre
case "$1" in
  configure)
    if [ -r /usr/share/tex-common/tetex-bin-upgrade ] ; then
      sh /usr/share/tex-common/tetex-bin-upgrade
    fi
    ;;
esac

One question concerning tex-common rules file: Why do we have 2
instances of this line:
nonbin_installfiles=$(foreach script,$(nonbin_scripts), scripts/$(script))
nonbin_installfiles=$(foreach script,$(nonbin_scripts), scripts/$(script))

Or is this a typo?

Finally: Do you think we can get tex-common 0.32, texlive with all the
current changes (debianize-updmap in tex-common, tetex-upgrade script)
into testing? I some of them can be defined as RC (tetex upgrade) so we
could go for urgency=medium???

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
Zaphod grinned two manic grins, sauntered over to the bar
and bought most of it.
                 --- Zaphod in paradise.