Re: [NTG-context] License stuff for ConTeXt

Hi Norbert,

Norbert Preining wrote:

Sure, but only if you can promise this *will be* the end of it.
Otherwise, it only adds even more of a hassle (it seems whatever
we do, it is never quite enough).

To be honest: This is the way MOST projects go. And with a statement
like this Debian Developers normally are more than content, they are
happy: It is NOT our job to check every single file. If upstream gives a
statement, we believe it. But it should be mentioned somewhere.

Yes, if you do this and keep it up to date, that would make it perfectly
simple for all of us:
- I just package everything which is DFSG compatible into context
- I just package the rest into context-nonfree
- The copyright statements includes the licenses as given and refers to
  the relevant MANIFEST files.

As I said, it would help us (Debian) a lot, and I am sure it would also
help other distributions (TeX Live) a lot, because it is clear what can
be included and which conditions!

Ok, I'm convinced. I'll try to work this out soon-ish, but not this year
anymore. For the cont-ext files, I want to set up some automated system
based on the contextgarden.net information. That way, I won't have to
think about adding stuff manually, but it takes some time to create and
test the scripting.

./doc/context/document/general/manuals/tiptrick.pdf	NOSOURCE

Do you prefer to have no file at all? Or is NOSOURCE better than
nothing? Consider that if these PDF documents were created using
InDesign, there would not even exist a source, anywhere.

As I said, I *cannot* include it into context, but I WILL it include, as
with the rest of the ConTeXt documentation into context-nonfree so that
people WILL have everything available.

This is clear to me now, I read your later email about the context and
context-nonfree packages.

Taco, thanks a lot for your work and all the best

Thank you too, for all your effort in packaging context.

Best wishes, Taco