Re: RFC: re-organizing the layout of texlive, help with perl

> We will split the tpm2deb.pl script into three parts:
> - a common part containing the necessary scripts for reading config
>   files etc etc
> - a script which generates a source package
> 	this should be in pseudo code
> 		cp -a all texlive-bin-$version
> 		cp -a texlive-bin/* texlive-bin-$version/
> 		create_rules_file > texlive-bin-$version/debian/rules
> 		create_control_file > texlive-bin-$version/debian/control
> 		create_override_files
> 	this should be enough and quite simple. The creation of the
> 	rules file is already done with eperl, the control files is the
> 	complicated part as it needs the tpm2deb.cfg stuff.
> - a script which make the binary part, ie installation of files,
> 	creation of maintainer scripts, ... as it is done now
> (For this perl par I would need some help in how to inport/export perl
> stuff and to write the common modules)

At which place will the tpms be read, and files be copied from Master to
texlive-$foo-$version?  Or do you mean we should do that once as a SVN
import and have them all in the repository?

Does it make sense to commit this to a branch already, so that we can
watch at work what you are proposing?