Re: Etch frozen! / Change to the default priority for configuration snippets

Hi,

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> No problem.

I'm done with the changes. I untagged version 0.42 (since the tag was
obsolete); I'll let you tag it again when it's uploaded.

I did test the package from svn for building lmodern, and tested
install/remove/purge of the resulting lmodern package, so the minor
changes to postrm-texlsr are definitely safe.

The only issue when rebuilding with tex-common from svn is that it
automatically switches to 20lmodern.cfg, instead of the former
10lmodern.cfg.

First, I'm not sure whether it should be 10 or 20 in the particular case
of lmodern (since it's part of both teTeX and TeX Live). But as Norbert
mentioned here, the order for map files should not be significant, so
this is mostly a cosmetic issue.

But, if in a later release, I let the file migrate from 10 to 20
priority (which would be the case with a simple rebuild, unless I
actually specify that I want the file to remain at priority 10), there
is the little problem that the old 10lmodern.cfg remains in
/etc/texmf/updmap.d/ (I believe this is a dpkg bug). This is most
probably harmless, because only the newer 20lmodern.cfg is listed in
/var/lib/tex-common/fontmap-cfg/lmodern.list after the update. But it's
surely ugly and confusing for users.

This may hit other packages rebuilt with recent versions of
tex-common...

--
Florent