Mapping of teTeX files to TeXLive packages

Hi all,

Even if it is decided not to create tetex-* dummy packages, maybe the
following will still be useful in some way:

I wrote a script that automatically does what I spent a long time doing
by hand last night, that is, determining which TeXLive package ships
each of the files in the tetex-* packages.

The script is here:

http://people.debian.org/~kmccarty/tetex-to-texlive-mapping/tetex-to-texlive.sh

and its output (one report per teTeX package) here:

http://people.debian.org/~kmccarty/tetex-to-texlive-mapping/

For each file, the report includes the TeXLive package containing it,
and flags indicating whether the file contents or the file path differ
(modulo s/texmf-tetex/texmf-texlive/) between teTeX and TexLive.  Files
that were not found in any TeXLive package are also reported.  Only
regular files are considered; symlinks and directories are ignored.  See
the explanatory remarks at the top of each report for more details.

There are a few false positives: files in tetex-* that are not in
texlive-* which the script nevertheless "found" in some other package.
This is usually because said file has a common name, e.g.
/usr/share/texmf-tetex/aliases was "found" in /etc/modutils/aliases.
These are pretty obvious, though.

I skipped files in teTeX packages that either have the string README in
their names or are located in /usr/share/doc, since a mapping would be
too difficult in the first case (the script relies on the assumption
that TeX files generally have a unique name within a TeX installation)
and unlikely to be useful in the second case.  Hence there was no point
in running a report on tetex-doc.

The tetex-src report is probably also not very useful since there is no
equivalent TeXLive package (I guess TeXLive source is available only
with "apt-get source texlive-bin" or equivalent?)

best regards,