Re: delayed actions for texlive

> Ok, I know you might have other things to do, but I cannot find the
> references to discussions we had, so here the question: Is there a way
> to ensure that at the end of an dpkg/apt run some specific actions are
> carried out? I want to created some delayed/immediate action scheme for
> mktexlsr/updmap/fmtutil ...

No.  I don't have references to the previous discussions, either.  In
principle, we could touch some file in postinst and have a hook in
/etc/apt/conf.d to run certain commands.  However

- when installing with dpkg directly, this will not be honored AFAIK

- if one of the commands fails, there is no package to blame, instead,
  all TeX packages will be marked as configured fine.

So we need an implementation of this mechanism in dpkg.  I think there's
even a bug about that, but of course it won't happen soon.

> I know that this has been discussed, but where ... and does anyone know
> anything about this post-run stuff?

Do you want me to try to find it in the archives?