About TEXMFCNF in tex-common/usr/share/tex-common/85Misc.cnf

Hi,

While examining the latest changes to tex-common in the SVN repos, I
noticed that conf/texmf.d/85Misc.cnf (which is installed as
/usr/share/tex-common/85Misc.cnf) contained this:

TEXMFCNF = {$SELFAUTOLOC,$SELFAUTODIR,$SELFAUTOPARENT}{,{/share,}/texmf{-local,}/web2c};$TETEXDIR;/usr/share/texmf/web2c;/usr/share/texmf/web2c
%
% Since tetex-bin_3.0-22, it Restricts this to dirs that actually exist,
% to silent e.g. automounters:
TEXMFCNF = $TETEXDIR;/usr/share/texmf/web2c;/usr/share/texmf/web2c

I thought that was an error and commented out the first setting, which
is AFAICT not the one used at compile-time anymore (in tetex-bin, and
soon in texlive, if I followed things correctly).

But now about the second one: it contains twice the same explicit path,
which is a bit ugly. I realize this might be the true setting since
patch-texmfcnf in tetex-bin sets:

  TEXMFCNF = $TETEXDIR;$TEXMF/web2c;@web2c@

I don't know what the @web2c@ thingy expands to, but it may well be
/usr/share/texmf/web2c. Therefore, I left the second setting as is, with
/usr/share/texmf/web2c listed twice. Good decision?

--
Florent