Re: RFP: xetex - An extension of TeX with Unicode and OpenType support

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 00:26 +0100, Daniel Glassey wrote:
> Package: wnpp
> Severity: wishlist

> XeTeX extends the TeX typesetting system (and macro packages such as
> LaTeX and ConTeXt) to have native support for the Unicode character set,
> including complex Asian scripts, and for OpenType and TrueType fonts.

Hi Benjamin,

some time ago you have changed this RFP into an ITP. Recently there have
been some discussions on debian-tex-maint concerning XeTeX and
xdvipdfmx, most of which are archived in bug #365672. Before going any
further, we would like to know what's the state on your side. Have you
made progress packaging XeTeX?

cheerio
ralf