Re: debian-tex Project application

Hi,

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Norbert Preining wrote:
> - please activate svn, we will deactive cvs.

Done.

> - Is there an option to do the transition from
> 	pkg-tetex svn -> debian-tex svn

Copy the files ? Or use svnadmin dump / svnadmin load.

>   Could you assist in this transfer?

IIRC, you can do that without any special privileges.

> - Finally a question I don't know wether you are responsible or not:
>   We also want to merge the two mailing lists
> 	debian-tetex-maint@lists.debian.org
>   and
> 	pkg-texlive-maint@lists.alioth.debian.org
>   into one new
> 	debian-tex@lists.debian.org
>   or
> 	debian-tex-maint@lists.debian.org
>   (the exact name is under discussion on the debian-tetex-maint ML).

Why not continue using the current mailing list ? In any case we're not
responsible for @lists.debian.org, that's the listmasters. Please contact
them. They can certainly provide an alias.

You'd better keep the list on @l.d.o, it's certainly better spam-filtered.

>   Is there an option to make the old two lists an alias for the
>   new list as soon as the new one is established?

For forwarding what comes via pkg-texlive-maint@l.a.d.o, you need to check
if mailman offers something, we don't have any other facility to setup
alias for mailing lists currently.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog