Re: latex-cjk upload to unstable ...

Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐) <danai.sae-han@skynet.be> wrote:

> OK, I added
>   #include <stdlib.h>
>   #include <string.h>
> to wftodm.c (as suggested by Fredrik Roubert) and the warnings have
> gone.  But it still segfaults. :/
>
> Or do I have to try an ia32 chroot like in
> http://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html#id271960
> and do a debuild there?  What about pbuilder then, do I also have to
> do it within that chroot?

No, I don't think that you need a different-architecture chroot.  You
want to build native amd64 binaries and run them on amd64, don't you?
AFAIK, these chroots are only for software that cannot be fixed to
compile on amd64, or not even rebuilt at all (non-free plugins, Opera,
etc.).

Here on i386 it doesn't segfault.  Maybe you should ask on the amd64
list?

>   If successful on ia32 and ready to be uploaded, how will the Debian
> machines know that for AMD64 it has to be built inside such a chroot?
> Or is that the responsibility of the end user to build this package in
> his/her own chroot?

No, the package must be built on the Debian buildds.

Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)