[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: latex-cjk upload to unstable ...

Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐) <danai.sae-han@skynet.be> wrote:

> Hi all!
> 1.
> Sorry for keeping you waiting, but I got quite some problems with
> dpatch.  The main problem is now that because of the GPL headers
> added upstream, the .w (and therefore also the .c) files are changed:
> the line numbers are now augmented with 17.  However, dpatch deapply
> will fail, because upstream these line numbers haven't changed.
>   So a second "debuild" or dpatch deapply-all won't be successful.
> You'll have to remove the directory and use dpkg-source -x again.

Hm, I don't understand - can't you recreate the patches?  I don't know
whether dpatch provides any functionality for this, but at least
manually it shouldn't be hard, only tedious.

> 2.
>> Which calls for a function:
>> [...]
> Thanks for the function.  This runs fine in a shell script, but fails
> in the Makefile from latex-cjk-japanese-wadalb.  I have tried putting
> it on top of the Makefile, in a target, with or without tab, changing
> $ to $$ or \$, but to no avail.  So now all the commands' output is
> redirected to a file called "log" ( >> log 2>&1; ).  I think this is
> simpler.  And the log is kept intact; it won't be removed or
> overwritten, but everything will be appended to it ( >> ).

This here works in a Makefile:


	if ls $(directory) > log 2>&1; then \
#	if ls $(directory) > log 2>&1; false; then \
	  echo done; \
	  rm log; \
	else \
	  echo failed; cat log; \
	echo ready

> Also, latex-cjk-chinese-arphic depends on the fonts
> ttf-arphic-{bkai00mp,bsmi00lp,gkai00mp,gbsn00lp}.  But there are also
> two new fonts by Arne Götje, ukai and uming, using Unicode and merging
> resp. bkai+gkai and bsmi+gbsn.  Both ukai and uming Debian packages
> provide the older ttf-arphic-* package names, so debuild doesn't
> recognize that only ukai and uming are installed, and not the original
> (older) packages.

Does that mean that the new packages claim to provide the old fonts, but
actually don't do this?  Or are they just in a different format?

>   How can I force a Build-Depends on the original TTF packages instead
> of the newer Unicode packages?  

It might be possible with versioned Build-Depends or alternatively with
Build-Conflicts.  However, it seems to me there's an underlying problem
that I don't understand yet.  Do the source packages for the "old" fonts
still exist?

> pbuilder isn't affected, but I suppose
> other users who wish to build this package themselves will have
> problems.

Why does this not happen on pbuilder?  Only because the old binary
packages are still available?

>   I don't want to add a Conflict line, because it isn't really
> conflicting.  It's just that it's misleading debuild.

Maybe it's a bug in the new font packages to declare the provides?

> tar has got an update recently, and it seems that dh_builddeb/dpkg-deb
> has some warnings with this new POSIX thing.  I haven't noticed any
> problems when installing the packages.  See #375864 for more info.
> Nothing serious, I suspect.
>   "tar: -: file name read contains nul character"

I always get that warning and never cared about it, since it works

> 5.
> Currently, latex-cjk-chinese-arphic is being pbuild'ed, and everything
> seems okay.  I have added all the necessary dependencies (e.g.
> perl-base for latex-cjk-chinese-arphic).

This is doubly strange.  First of all, perl-base is in Section: base and
has priority: required, so it should always be installed.  Second, AFAIK
perl-base is only a minimal stripped-down Perl for use in maintainer
scripts of packages in base, and should usually not be used as a
(build-)dependency.  Anyway, in my pbuilder chroot:

# dpkg -l perl perl-base
| Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                     Version                  Description
ii  perl                     5.8.8-6                  Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
ii  perl-base                5.8.8-6                  The Pathologically Eclectic Rubbish Lister

> 6.
> latex-cjk-japanese-wadalab has an FTBFS.  More specifically, running
> wftodm causes a segmentation fault.  I'm running GC 4.1.2 (20060715)
> on an AMD64.  I have seen some compilation warnings, but I don't
> remember them causing any problems on my older computer.
> "
>   cc -O -o wftodm wftodm.c
>   wftodm.c: In function ‘readfiles’:
>   wftodm.c:107: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘exit’

According to google, #include <stdlib.h> should help.

Regards, Frank
Frank Küster
Single Molecule Spectroscopy, Protein Folding @ Inst. f. Biochemie, Univ. Zürich
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)

Reply to: