Re: Various questions concerning TeX live

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 18:55 +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:
> * mktexnam
> 	I have already applied the patch to the next generation of
> 	packages.

Good.

>       Ralf, if you hack something with tempfile, please sent
> 	it to me. So we can go on with the rest.

Not at the moment (see other thread).

> * TeX live upstream changes tpm games
> 	I collected what was discussed, here is a list:
> 	* fpl/mathpazo
> 	move fpl from fonts-extra to fonts-recommended
> 	move mathpazo from math-extra to latex-recommended
>
> 	Reason: PSNFSS ask for these fonts
>
> 	* charter
> 	move charter from fonts-extra to fonts-recommended
>
> 	Reason: PSNFSS mentions it

In case you see any difference between 'mentioned' and 'asked for'
fonts; IMO these fonts are on the same level wrt PSNFSS.

> 	* rsfs
> 	move rsfs from fonts-extra to fonts-recommended

Same here, font is asked for/mentioned by PSNFSS.

> 	* (HA-prosper)/beamer/powerdot
> 	(old) prosper is in latex-recommended
> 	beamer and powerdot in latex-extra
>
> 	Exchange?

That would be a possibility. But I am not usre if it makes sense to
implement such random comments allready.

> 	* jurabib/juramisc
> 	move jurabib from lang-de to latex-extra

bibtex-extra would be more appropriate IMO (and latex-extra is to large
allready ;-)

[...]
> 	* publishers
> 	move from latex-extra to publishers
>
> 	Reason: the name?

What I meant was that tl-publishers is meant for styles specific for
certain journals etc. But there are quite a few such styles in
tl-latex-extra, too. IMO it would make sense to move them to the other,
similar styles.

> 	* Remove collection-pdfetex and move all the files into latex-base?

I think in TL (but not in TL for Debian) collection-pdfetex contains the
actual pdfetex binary. If this is the case, then one has to consider
this more carefully and only the Debian package tl-pdfetex is
questionable, while the TL collection might still make sense. I am not
sure how to handle such a situation, though.

cheerio
ralf