Re: Trouble about tetex-base installation & babel

Hello,

First things first: this is *not* a list for supporting Ubuntu users,
not even one for supporting Debian users. This is for discussion between
the Debian TeX maintainers.

Emmanuel PROCHASSON <eprochasson@free.fr> wrote:

> I am using a fresh ubuntu/dapper distribution, and i have some trouble about
> tex/latex, babel and hyphenation.

Wrong list, then.

> I installed tetex-base (3.0-15build1) and it seem you are the mainteners of
> this one :)

No, we are the maintainers of the Debian packages, not those of Ubuntu.

> Well, here's the problem :

[...]

> This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
> entering extended mode
> (./lettre_cifre.tex
> LaTeX2e <2003/12/01>
> babel <v3.8d> and hyphenation patterns for loaded.

This reminds me of bug #357429:

> I think there should be something after the "hyphenation patterns for...".

Yes.

> Susbsequently, i got :
>
> ---
> Package babel Warning: No hyphenation patterns were loaded for
> (babel)                the language `French'
> (babel)                I will use the patterns loaded for \language=0 instead.
> ---

Not surprising.

What is the contents of
/var/lib/tex-common/language-cnf/tetex-base.list?

In Debian, it contains (in non-buggy versions of tetex-base) the single
word "10tetex" on a line by itself.

--
Florent