Re: improving cm-super package

I'm a bit late, catching up on the mailing lists. So please excuse me if this
has already been solved.

On 04/26/06 13:02, Klaus Schneider wrote:
> * The archive /usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/public/cm-super/cm-super.t1c could
> be emptied by the postinst script to save disc space. Perhaps the archive
> could be moved to /usr/share/cm-super/cm-super.t1c, as the archive itself is
> not a font and therefore does not really belong to the font directory.

While I don't care for tetex 2 right now (which was the second point mentioned
by Klaus), I do think that the point he raises above is relevant: the file from
where the fonts are taken is the biggest file that I have on my system.

Actually, the biggest that I had, since I deleted it, without any loss of
functionality.

Some postinst actions could be taken. And this would mean including cm-super on
a (customized) live CD much easier (due to space constraints). And also easier
on the low-end systems that I have here.

Thanks for considering this, Rogério.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/