Re: More or less offline

Hi Neil!

On Mit, 26 Apr 2006, Neil McGovern wrote:
> Hope you had a good time.

Yes, but noiw it is all bad with the conference.

> There's still a few issues with texlive that makes me reluctant to
> upload it to the unstable archive.

Ok.

> Firstly, there's many missing man pages. These really should be written.
> If the program has a --help and a --version commandline option, you can
> simply use help2man to generate these. Log attached.

W: texlive-pdfetex: binary-without-manpage pdfclose
W: texlive-pdfetex: binary-without-manpage pdfcrop
W: texlive-pdfetex: binary-without-manpage pdfopen
W: texlive-omega: binary-without-manpage aleph
W: texlive-omega: binary-without-manpage lamed
W: texlive-omega: binary-without-manpage omfonts
W: texlive-omega: binary-without-manpage otangle
W: texlive-music: binary-without-manpage musixflx
W: texlive-math-extra: binary-without-manpage altpdfamstex
W: texlive-latex-extra: binary-without-manpage perltex
W: texlive-lang-indic: binary-without-manpage devnag
W: texlive-extra-utils: binary-without-manpage bibtex8
W: texlive-base-bin: binary-without-manpage altpdfaleph
W: texlive-base-bin: binary-without-manpage altpdfcont-en
W: texlive-base-bin: binary-without-manpage altpdfcont-nl
W: texlive-base-bin: binary-without-manpage altpdfetex
W: texlive-base-bin: binary-without-manpage altpdflambda
W: texlive-base-bin: binary-without-manpage altpdflatex
W: texlive-base-bin: binary-without-manpage altpdfomega
W: texlive-base-bin: binary-without-manpage altpdftex
W: texlive-base-bin: binary-without-manpage getnonfreefonts-sys
W: texlive-base-bin: binary-without-manpage pkfix
W: texlive-base-bin: binary-without-manpage ps4pdf
W: texlive-base-bin: binary-without-manpage simpdftex
W: texlive-base-bin: binary-without-manpage texconfig-dialog

yup, I know. I will write up some man pages.

> Secondly, I'm seeing some build issues with texlive and the texmf tree.
> The log is attached. Any idea what's happening here?

As with the upload of -1, this is a competely irrelevant issue, and in
fact cannot be fixed but by hacking around deeply in the build system of
texlive. The missing texmf tree does not matter. I has been like this
since long.

So, if I write the man pages then it is ok? I will start now.

`Maybe somebody here tipped off the Galactic Police,' said
Trillian. `Everybody saw you come in.'
`You mean they want to arrest me over the phone?' said
Zaphod, `Could be. I'm a pretty dangerous dude when I'm
cornered.'
`Yeah,' said a voice from under the table [Ford's now
completely rat- arsed at this point], `you go to pieces so
fast people get hit by the shrapnel.'
                 --- Zaphod getting paranoid over a phone call.