Re: SVN lmodern commit: r1203 - in lmodern/trunk/debian: . sed_scripts

Hi Florent!

On Son, 16 Apr 2006, Florent Rougon wrote:
> [ Should I Cc pkg-texlive-maint@lists.alioth.d.o? ]

No, this is me ;-)

> > Log:
> >  * X font transition (Closes: #362330)
> >    - adapt the sed script gen-x-fonts-links-list to use /u/s/fonts/X11/Type
>
> Typo, will fix myself.

Thanks.

> >    - change the dh_installdirs line in rules
> >    - modify the README file for new location, and change to Xorg.
> >    - build-dependency on debhelper >= 5.0.29, compat level set to 5
>
> Looking at the diff, this seems to address the bug. However, you removed
> all references to XFree86 in README.Debian, but I'm not sure it's the
> right thing to do. Are you sure it is already deprecated? I don't have
> Xorg installed myself, not yet seeing the need for the switch. Since you
> found the paths for Xorg, I assume it's installed on your machine, so
> I'll let you do some tests with it before we upload.

Unfortunately, this is a real mess, a real real real mess currently. My
X not even starts without intervention (I filed already some bugs). I
really expected that the transition to xorg-7 will work better, but as
it happened it is a disaster. Unfortunately.

I guess we leave it like it is and as soon as the X disaster has settled
I will do some test. I am doing them already with cm-super where I did
the same transition anyway.

>  1. xlsfonts | grep "latin modern"
>
>  2. xfontsel -pattern "-unregistered-latin modern roman-medium-r-normal--0-0-0-0-p-0-iso8859-15" -scaled
>
>     and click on pxlsz to increase the size.
>
>  3. Same thing with:
>
>       xfontsel -pattern "-unregistered-latin modern typewriter-medium-i-normal--0-0-0-0-c-0-iso8859-15" -scaled
>
>  4. xterm -fa "LMTypewriter10:style=Regular" -fs 10
>     xterm -fa "LMTypewriter10:style=Italic"  -fs 10
>
>  5. Start gucharmap, then:
>
>       View -> By Unicode Block
>       Select the block "Latin-1 Supplement"
>       Select a few of the LM fonts

Again, it is hard to say whether the fonts are found, as not even
"fixed" is found on my system without manual intervention.

So bottomline: Let us leave this open of now and wait. I guess there are
no urgent uploads of lmodern which need this reverted.

I hope this is ok for all here.

CLABBY (adj.)
A 'clabby' conversation is one stuck up by a commissionaire or
cleaning lady in order to avoid any further actual work. The opening
gambit is usually designed to provoke the maximum confusion, and
therefore the longest possible clabby conversation. It is vitally
important to learn the correct, or 'clixby' (q.v.), responses to a
clabby gambit, and not to get trapped by a 'ditherington' (q.v.). For
instance, if confronted with a clabby gambit such as 'Oh, mr Smith, I
didn't know you'd had your leg off', the ditherington response is 'I
haven't....' whereas the clixby is 'good.'
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff