Re: texlive and dvipdfmx

Dear Kohda-san!

On Sam, 15 Apr 2006, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
> \documentclass[12pt]{article}
> \begin{document}
> Only test.
> \end{document}
>
> would do.  So I suspect the problem exists in my system.

Here no problem:
$ dvipdfmx bla.dvi
bla.dvi -> bla.pdf
[1]
2975 bytes written
$

and I am running my own packages ;-)

> There are three dvipdfm.map,

> /etc/texmf/dvips/dvipdfm.map

This one I don't have.

> /usr/share/texmf-texlive/fonts/map/dvipdfm/updmap/dvipdfm.map
> /var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/dvipdfm/updmap/dvipdfm.map

These two I have.

> and I suspect one in /etc was obsolete (yes, this PC has
> long history, perhaps started to work in 2002 or so) but
> ones in /usr and /var are correct?

Looks like.

> And is it correct that the entries in dvipdfm.map begins with

yes. My files start as follows:
Cheq default cheq
Cherokee
Cherokeeb default Cherokee-Bold
Cherokeebo default Cherokee-Bold -s 0.177
Cherokeeo default Cherokee -s .177
EpiOlmec default Epi-Olmec
Inuit
Inuitb
Inuitbo

MASSACHUSETTS (pl.n.)
Those items and particles which people who, after blowing their noses,
are searching for when they look into their hankies.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff