Re: RFS latex-cjk

Hi

> > Main highlights of the improvements over the original cjk-latex
> > package:
> >  - a much more recent upstream version
> >  - has all necessary Chinese and Japanese fonts; Unicode Korean and
> >    HBF fonts aren't packaged yet
> >  - works "out of the box": the example files will compile cleanly
> >  - divided into several subpackages (-chinese, -japanese, -korean and
> >    thai)
> >  - installation of Lisp files
> >  - works with either TeXlive or teTeX3; adheres to TDS1.1
> >  - a bunch of Debian bugs can be closed
> >  - uses dpatch
>
> Is this a hijacking of cjk-latex package, or is it a totally different
> package?

No, it is an update of cjk-latex, but I changed the name to latex-cjk
because other LaTeX packages on Debian also start with "latex-".

I have contacted Anthony Fok, the original maintainer, several times,
and he agreed.  But he has little time to sponsor my packages.

Kind regards

Danai SAE-HAN
韓達耐

--