Re: texlive checkout for debian packages

Hi Frank!

On Mon, 20 Mär 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
> > Please check out the whole stuff (it is not so much) and read the top
> > level README where I tried to explaoin a bit how everything works.
>
> I did that, but it doesn't explain everything, namely:

I know ...

> > The .orgi.tar.gz you should get from one of the mirrors, or get the TeX
> > live CDROM and build it with
> > 	tpm2deb.pl make-orig-tar --master=<PATHTOMASTEROFCD> srcpackagename ...
> > (see Makefile which should pretty straight forward).
>
> Okay, tpm2deb.pl has a --master option - I expected that the layout
> would be somewhat hardcoded.  That's all I wanted to know - I want to

I tried to make as few thihngs hardcoded as possible. Best is always to
take a look at the makefile. A
	make all
should do
	- build orig.tar.gz if necessary (ie if deb version >1)
	- build the debian source packages
	- build the binary packages in a clean pbuilder
	- lintian all packages
	- test all packages
	- make a switch test tetex->texlive

> decide whether I do a checkout of the complete current texlive tree or
> just unpack the orig.tar.gz's.

Better to do the later one. Or get a texlive CD (image) from teh web.
and build it yourself. But DON'T get the current texlive tree (from svn)
as it already contain changes which are not on the CD.

> It's because I realized that it doesn't make much sense to go through
> all the packages in teTeX license-wise, without considering those in

True.

ADRIGOLE (n.)
The centrepiece of a merry-go-round on which the man with the tickets
stands unnervingly still.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff