Re: texlive checkout for debian packages

Hi Frank!

Back to (bad connectivity) after the JAIST here had a power switch off
for a full day ..

On Don, 16 Mär 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
> to which subdirectory should I check out the texlive tree, and which parts of
> it, when I want to create orig.tar.gz files?

I don't understand your question completely. THe texlive tree is NOT the
debian NOR the full pachage dir, it contains the scripts which are used
to build the texlive packages.

Please check out the whole stuff (it is not so much) and read the top
level README where I tried to explaoin a bit how everything works.

The .orgi.tar.gz you should get from one of the mirrors, or get the TeX
live CDROM and build it with
	tpm2deb.pl make-orig-tar --master=<PATHTOMASTEROFCD> srcpackagename ...
(see Makefile which should pretty straight forward).

I hope to extend the README in due time, but in the meantime, happy perl
hacking, it is bad, I told you ..

`I think you ought to know that I'm feeling very
depressed.'
`Life, don't talk to me about life.'
`Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to
take you down to the bridge. Call that "job satisfaction"?
'Cos I don't.'
`I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my
left side.'
                 --- Guess who.