[Peter Lopen] Re: Problem with configuration of tetex-bin package

--- Begin Message --- Hello,

thank you for answer. I've attached required information. I hope it will help (together with previous description). Thanks.

Regards, Peter

On 3/13/06, Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:
"Peter Lopen" <peter.lopen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Excuse me for bothering you, but I have problem with tetex-bin
> package.  I've had updated my 2 years old unstable Debian distribution
> (last week)

Hm, well, upgrading from unstable from 2 years ago might not be
possible.  I suggest that next time you at least try to upgrade to
stable first.

Upgrading tetex from sarge works, and upgrading from woody should also
work most of the time.

> and I've encountered problem with configuring tetex-bin
> package (also dependent packages as e.g. lyx). The problem is that in
> preconfiguring step files fmtutil.cnf, contex.map are not found (in
> case of fmtutil, error log in /tmp directory is empty).  When I've
> manually copied those files into /etc/texfm/ directory, they were
> deleted in this step.  Could you help me with this problem or give
> some advice, please. Thank you very much.

If you want help, you have to tell us exactly which commands you used
(like dpkg --configure -a), and the complete output they gave.

Debian Developer (teTeX)

--- End Message ---

Debian Developer (teTeX)