Re: jadetex: FTBFS: mktexdir failed

Le Jeudi 23 Février 2006 15:35, Frank Küster a écrit :
> Daniel Schepler <schepler@math.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> > Package: jadetex
> > Version: 3.13-6
> > Severity: serious
> >
> > From my pbuilder build log:

> > Transcript written on jadetex.log.
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/buildd/jadetex-3.13'
> > pdflatex '\nonstopmode\input{jadetex.dtx}' > latex.log
> > kpathsea: Running mktextfm ecrm1000
> > mkdir: cannot create directory `././var/cache/fonts/tfm/jknappen':
> > Permission denied mktextfm: mktexdir /var/cache/fonts/tfm/jknappen/ec
> > failed.
> > kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
> > make: *** [build] Error 1
> >
> > CC-ing the tetex list since it looks possible this is a bug in the TeTeX
> > packages instead.  (Sorry, unable to use X-Debbugs-CC here - kmail
> > doesn't support per-mail custom headers, and mail I send otherwise
> > disappears silently and mysteriously.)
>
> I cannot reproduce this here.  Was the pbuilder environment up-to-date,
> in particular, which version of tex-common was installed?
>
> I'm using a normal pbuilder setup with sudo - do you somehow chroot
> without being root?  And if that is the case, is the respective user
> member of the "users" group in the chroot?  Probably not, and that will
> be the problem.

I ran pbuilder as root, but I have pbuilder set up to su to a normal user for
the build.

So are you saying it's a bug for pbuilder not to put that user in the users
group?  I thought the users group was pretty much obsolete anyway, replaced
by per-user groups -- at least on my system, where I did nothing special,
running "groups" from my normal account gives
daniel dialout cdrom floppy audio video
--
Daniel Schepler