> Severity: serious
>
> From my pbuilder build log:

> Transcript written on jadetex.log.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/buildd/jadetex-3.13'
> pdflatex '\nonstopmode\input{jadetex.dtx}' > latex.log
> kpathsea: Running mktextfm ecrm1000
> mkdir: cannot create directory `././var/cache/fonts/tfm/jknappen': Permission denied
> mktextfm: mktexdir /var/cache/fonts/tfm/jknappen/ec failed.
> kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
> make: *** [build] Error 1
>
> CC-ing the tetex list since it looks possible this is a bug in the TeTeX
> packages instead.  (Sorry, unable to use X-Debbugs-CC here - kmail doesn't
> support per-mail custom headers, and mail I send otherwise disappears
> silently and mysteriously.)

I cannot reproduce this here.  Was the pbuilder environment up-to-date,
in particular, which version of tex-common was installed?

I'm using a normal pbuilder setup with sudo - do you somehow chroot
without being root?  And if that is the case, is the respective user
member of the "users" group in the chroot?  Probably not, and that will
be the problem.

Debian Developer (teTeX)