Re: dh_installtex message: grep: 1: No such file or directory

On Mit, 22 Feb 2006, Ralf Stubner wrote:
> I tried to switch mk-tex-fonts to dh_installtex instead of
> dh_installtexfonts. However, a message from grep:
>
> $ fakeroot dh_installtex
> grep: 1: No such file or directory
>
> Note that mk-tex-fonts (just as the above call to dh_installtex) does
> not use commandline options but a simple debian/<package>.maps file.
>
> Called with --verbose I get:
>
> $ fakeroot dh_installtex --verbose
>         install -d debian/tex-fontpack-fplneu/etc/texmf/updmap.d/
>         Writing debian/tex-fontpack-fplneu/etc/texmf/updmap.d/10tex-fontpack-fplneu.cfg
> grep: 1: No such file or directory
>         install -d debian/tex-fontpack-fplneu/var/lib/tex-common/fontmap-cfg/
> [...]

How did you call dh_installtex please ...

> Looking at the source of dh_installtex it seems to be the call in line 424
> magic_comment_present($pkgprovidedfile) where $pkgprovidedfile is
> actually a 'boolean' that is '1' here. There seems to be no proper
> variable containing a possibly present debian/<package>.maps file, but
> replacing $pkgprovidedfile by $foo (defined on line 353) seems to solve
> this problem.

I check this.

NAZEING (participial vb.)
The rather unconvincing noises of pretended interest which an adult
has to make when brought a small dull object for admiration by a
child.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff