Re: TeX task force

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 10:18:41AM +0100, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi Julian!
>
> On Die, 14 Feb 2006, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> > > What space? We would merge the stuff and remove the old projects, do I
> > > miss something here?
> >
> > Would we want to lose the history of the current trees for the time
> > being?  I don't know how easy it is to merge subversion repositories -
> > I've never tried to do so.
>
> svn move URL URL
> should move the whole stuff including the history, at least I do
> understand it that way. So this shouldn't be a problem.

As Frank says, can't do this.  It's OK for us as everything is in
separate directories, but can you imagine the complexity of the
general case?

So the alternatives are either to stick with the pkg-tetex repository
or to create a new pkg-tex repository and to start with a new
snapshot; then after a period of time (say 18 months - 2 years), ask
for the old repositories to be removed (as the SVN history will be
utterly boring by then).

> > > If you speak about commit-email.pl and post-commit, I would have a
> > > question!
> >
> > post-commit has just a few small tweaks to send stuff to different
> > lists (one with full diffs, the other with only the summaries).
> >
> > The pkg-tetex's commit-email.pl (in /svn/pkg-tetex/hooks on
> > svn.debian.org) is a patched version of the subversion distribution's
> > version; see bug#217133.
>
> Do you have an idea how to do the following: in pkg-texlive I use the
> 	-m regexp -s .... dest1 dest2 \
> 	-m regext -s .... dest3 dest4
> quite a lot. Every project (4) adds its name to the subject so one can
> easily filter.
>
> Now I want a test wether up to now there was no match. The problem is
> that if I do
> 	-m . -s ... dest5
> then dest5 gets *all* emails even if it was already sent to one of the
> first destinations.
>
> Questions:
> - Can one create a regexp that doesn't match the first projects, or
> - can one patch the commit-email.pl script to exit with a different
>   exit code if no email was sent, i.e. no regexp has matched.

I've created a -M option which means "and if doesn't match any of the
-m regex's".  You can have multiple -M options.  It's at
svn.debian.org:/svn/pkg-tetex/hooks

But I fear I may have broken it....

   Julian