Re: TeX task force

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 11:34:29PM +0100, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Very short proposal, and I will immediately forget it, it is only that
> it makes me sick to permanently change directories between pkg-tetex and
> pkg-texlive:
>
> - remove pkg-tetex, pkg-texlive etc
> - create a group tex-task-force (or whatever)
> - one svn containing:
> 	. tetex-bin, -base, -extra, -source
> 	. texlive
> 	. lmodern
> 	. tex-common
> 	. cm-super
> 	. texinfo
> 	. (what did I forget)
> - create a decent commit script so that it is easy to filter emails.
>   I do this already for texlive, every subject has
> 	SVN commit <MODULE>: ....
>   where MODULE is lmodern, texlive, texinfo cm-super
> - create two lists, one for tetex, one for texlive,
>   or better: create one list for *all* these package, there is a lot
>   already duplicated
> - other steps I forgot (like adapting the control files)
>
> Comments?

Except for the space required to duplicate both tetex and texlive,
that seems very intelligent.  Feel free to take the scripts I've
written for the pkg-tetex repository and modify them for this
purpose.

I presume that we continue to use svn.debian.org (aka alioth)?

Can we continue to use the existing tetex list?  It's well known and
appears in the control files of the tetex packages.  We could have a
new list: debian-tex-maint instead, though.

   Julian