Re: Perl-tk segfault with texdoctk

Michael Schultheiss <schultmc@debian.org> wrote:

> Moving /etc/texdoctk/texdocrc and running texdoctk brings up a window
> "FATAL ERROR
> Couldn't open system-wide default config file texdocrc
> [Kill]"
>
> but I still don't experience a segfault.

You can do it in a pbuilder chroot, from an xterm or similar:

# pbuilder login #or whatever command brings you in a clean sid environment
# apt-get -y install tetex-bin perl-tk # texdocrc will not be installed
# export HOME=/root # pbuilder doesn't seem to set this correct
# export DISPLAY=:0.0

outside the chroot:

mount --bind /tmp/ /var/cache/pbuilder/build/16537/tmp/
cp ~frank/.Xauthority /var/cache/pbuilder/build/16537/root/

(or course, replace the number and username by the strings appropriate
on your system).

Now you should be able to bring up an X window, e.g. try with xdvi.

If that works, try texdoctk:

# texdoctk
Couldn't open system-wide default config file texdocrc.
Segmentation fault
# dpkg -l perl* | grep ^ii
ii  perl            5.8.7-10       Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
ii  perl-base       5.8.7-10       The Pathologically Eclectic Rubbish Lister
ii  perl-modules    5.8.7-10       Core Perl modules
ii  perl-tk         804.027-3      Perl module providing the Tk graphics library.
#

Debian Developer (teTeX)