Re: Debian and texdoc

Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐) <danai.sae-han@skynet.be> wrote:

> Hi list!
>
> How do I add documents to texdoc "the Debian way"?
> Do I just do
> "dh_link -platex-cjk usr/share/doc/latex-cjk usr/share/doc/texmf/latex/latex-cjk"

Yes, that will work.

> And what about the entry points?  Some of the filenames have general
> names ("commands.txt", "fdxfiles.txt", "ruby.txt" and so on), so I
> would like to add a more sensible and descriptive names.  I could also
> do "dh_link origname bettername", but would prefer the original names.

This is a general problem with LaTeX documentation, and there are at
least discussion how this could be resolved generally.  For the time
being, the usual approach is to do nothing, and to teach users to use
"texdoc -s <keyword>".

> BTW, shouldn't mkhtml be executable?  Perhaps you could add something
> like this in debian/rules:
>   chmod +x mkhtml
>   dh_strip --exclude=mkhtml

I've played with it, but to really make sense we need some way to
integrate documentation found in other TEXMF trees.  And we should use
mkhtml.nawk.