Re: Installing tetex-bin (3.0-12) after successful 3.0-11

"Dr. L. Humbert" <humbert@semsek2.ham.nw.schule.de> wrote:

> But:
> 	grep TEXMFDIST /etc/texmf/texmf.d/05TeXMF.cnf
> shows me:
> % TEXMFDIST = /usr/share/texmf-dist
> % TEXMFDIST is not used in Debian, everything is in $TEXMFMAIN
> TEXMFDIST = $TEXMFMAIN
> SYSTEXMF = $TEXMFLOCAL;$TEXMFMAIN;$TEXMFDIST
> %   SYSTEXMF = $TEXMFLOCAL;$TEXMFMAIN;$TEXMFDIST
>
> Therefore I decided to set TEXMFMAIN and not one of the others.

This looks as if you are using a conffile of an older version.  Is there
a file /etc/texmf/texmf.d05TeXMF.cnf.dpkg-dist?  This would mean that
you had changed 05TeXMF.cnf, and upon upgrade refused to install the new
version.

Of course this is okay, but then you have to make sure manually to merge
the needed changes.

And we should make sure to let the postinst script bail out with an
appropriate error message.