Re: Installing tetex-bin (3.0-12) after successful 3.0-11

Am Wednesday, 14. December 2005 09:40 schrieb Norbert Preining:

NP> > 	TEXMFMAIN = /usr/share/texmf:/usr/share/texmf-tetex
NP> > in
NP> > 	/etc/texmf/texmf.d/05TeXMF.cnf
NP> > my production system worked right on.
NP>
NP>
NP> This is strange because ...
NP>
NP> > 365: /usr/share/texmf:/usr/share/texmf-tetex/texconfig/tcfmgr: Datei
NP> > oder
NP> > Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

NP> This is the consequence of setting this variable.
NP>
NP> You should *NOT* set TEXMFMAIN to the above value, but leave it like it
NP> is. texmf-tetex is searched via teh TEXMFDIST tree.

Thank you for your answer:

But:
	grep TEXMFDIST /etc/texmf/texmf.d/05TeXMF.cnf
shows me:
% TEXMFDIST = /usr/share/texmf-dist
% TEXMFDIST is not used in Debian, everything is in $TEXMFMAIN
TEXMFDIST = $TEXMFMAIN
SYSTEXMF = $TEXMFLOCAL;$TEXMFMAIN;$TEXMFDIST
%   SYSTEXMF = $TEXMFLOCAL;$TEXMFMAIN;$TEXMFDIST

Therefore I decided to set TEXMFMAIN and not one of the others.

After resetting it, Installation went fine.
But: Again I'm not able to
latex my source.
==>
! Class scrartcl Error: File `size11.clo' not found!
(scrartcl)              This error is fatal!.
See the scrartcl class documentation for explanation.

So I went back and set
	TEXMFMAIN = /usr/share/texmf:/usr/share/texmf-tetex
Then:
	update-texmf

After this things went fine. Now I know, how I can deal with this,
but I think, it should'nt be so.

	TNX
	Ludger

--
Dr. L. Humbert <humbert@seminar.ham.nw.schule.de>

Die Zeitung fuer die Ausbildung im Fachseminar Informatik
http://humbert.in.hagen.de/iffase/
ISSN 1861-0498

L's blog - das Blog zur Didaktik der Informatik
http://haspe.homeip.net:8080/cgi-bin/pyblosxom.cgi