Re: bugs.debian.org refusing mail?

Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl> wrote:

> Weird,

fortunately not too weird - I just sent the same mail again, and this
time it has been accepted.

> but why don't you ask the people who are dealing with debian.org
> mail? Their address in debian-admin@lists.d.o. They have access
> to things like logs and such, the only thing other people can do is make
> (educated or not) guesses.

I would have sent the mail to owner@bugs.debian.org - how should I know
the difference?  And my experience with mail to debian-admin is kind of
mixed, from prompt action plus answer to nothing at all, and these were
more specific questions than "Something seems to be wrong".

> Anyway, the complete text of your mail seems irrelevant as the bounce
> seems to imply you get a 550 directly after DATA, before you sent the
> actual message, right? So you can debug a bit yourself too with telnet
> easily, to see what part caused this error (the MAIL FROM:, RCPT TO:,
> the HELO, simply what IP you're sending from, or whether it's maybe
> transitional...).

Sorry, I'm a DD, am I required to speak SMTP?